Team Spartan Cookies & Milk Forums
Resizer Increase - Printable Version

+- Team Spartan Cookies & Milk Forums (https://teamscm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Feedback (https://teamscm.co.uk/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and improvements (https://teamscm.co.uk/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Resizer Increase (/thread-3450.html)

Pages: 1 2

Resizer Increase - Sir Peter Weyland - 14-09-2020

As much as I understand the limitations imposed on the Prop Resizer tool I humbly request that the limitation of doubling the size be increased to perhaps up to four times the size of the original prop size. I believe this would be great for optimising larger vessels which would prevent lag and would in fact allow for more creative builds using smaller props. I think a 4x limit isn’t unreasonable and should be fairly easy to implement.

Thank you,

RE: Resizer Increase - Blackcrow - 15-09-2020

I dreamed about this so many times...

The prop resizer is limited to 2 to limit crashes I guess,
So it could be limited to 2 for regular and to 4 for members and upper.

Also about the props that can make crashes above 2, we could just do a thread where each players add the model of one of them, so person could just limit those reported props to 2 : )

Also some people will say that it will make people build bigger stuff, but I don't think so, as some people already build huge stuff with the actual prop resizer. Like you said, it will indeed severely reduce the prop count.

RE: Resizer Increase - Sir Peter Weyland - 16-09-2020

I think a rank restriction on the addition to the tool would be very sensible, yes i agree completely.

RE: Resizer Increase - Blackcrow - 17-09-2020

Well to be honest I will be very happy about that idea because I could reduce the prop count of my biggest ship by half...

RE: Resizer Increase - Person8880 - 20-09-2020

Instead of increasing the scale limit directly, I've added a new mode to the resizer that lets you specify a target size for each axis (up to 2048 units). This both makes it easier to apply the correct scale, and lets you make significantly larger resized props (2048 is ~4.5x a 3x3 modbridge width/height). Copying in this mode copies the (physical) size of another entity which can also be useful.

This new mode is limited to member/donator ranks as props can be made quite large with it. I'm trusting those with access to use it sensibly.

RE: Resizer Increase - Blackcrow - 20-09-2020

I just tried to test it, looks like all the Prop resizer tool is broken, even in normal mode.

It shows the preview, but when you click to scale the prop, it just does nothing

RE: Resizer Increase - Person8880 - 20-09-2020

The resizing issue is fixed, and to clarify after talking with Blackcrow on the server in case anyone else isn't clear on the changes:
  • You can still use the old scaling mode if you prefer.
  • The old scaling mode is no longer limited to just 2x. The maximum scale is now the larger of 2x, or whatever scale brings the entity to 2048 units along a given axis.
  • This means you can now apply scales like 4x to smaller props.

As you fixed it now, it's perfectly working, and will be very usefull !

A huge thanks because that will change alots of things, new ways to add details to ship, optimising, etc...

RE: Resizer Increase - The17thDoctor - 20-09-2020

I just noticed some flickering when changing prop on the preview.

Yes, sometimes the preview isn't good, you need to look away and back at the prop to fix that.
It does this on already resized props