Team Spartan Cookies & Milk Forums
StarGazer Mining! - Printable Version

+- Team Spartan Cookies & Milk Forums (https://teamscm.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Feedback (https://teamscm.co.uk/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and improvements (https://teamscm.co.uk/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: StarGazer Mining! (/thread-632.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

StarGazer Mining! - Tommo :D - 13-12-2014

So kinda had a Idea to make the server a little more fun and take a little heat of everyone making ships with big ass weapons on.. The possibility to mine in space? Its not the newest of ideas as this was in Space build previously however it could allow for more types of resources and other cool entities on peoples ships + the oppotunity for people to create more wire contraptions.

New Resources?
  • Ultra-Dense Deuterium - Like Deuterium but more dense(More)? Sleepy
  • Cobalt Ore - Speeds up the regen on plating or hull or shields.. ideas?
Entities?
  • Random Asteroids - Each with a random amount of ore
  • Analyser - Bit like a Sensor array but can scan the Asteroids to see if its worth extracting or if you will just be wasting energy
  • Extractor - Fires a cool beam at the asteroid to extract some lovely ore!

The possibilities this could open up are endless..
Could have new weapon types that require special ores and even new types of generators for shielding or cloaking that need ores for a bit of a better punch.

RE: StarGazer Mining! - T-25 - 13-12-2014

i think instead of Ultra Dense Deuterium it'd be called Heavy Deuterium
but this seems like an attempt to make it more RP, also where would they even spawn.
Universe has empty space for the battles,etc
Pegasus is small and could fit only a few depending on the size
and Milky has the asteroids on each side.

you could put them on/around the asteroids but they'd have to be small in size, but i honestly think this would make it harder/more complicated for new players

RE: StarGazer Mining! - Person8880 - 13-12-2014

When I was first making Stargazer it had mining. I dropped it because it ended up being a case of just setting a drill and watching numbers rise.

If you can think of a way to make the actual mining part more fun/challenging then I'm all ears.

RE: StarGazer Mining! - LocInt - 13-12-2014

(13-12-2014, 02:14 PM)Person8880 Wrote: When I was first making Stargazer it had mining. I dropped it because it ended up being a case of just setting a drill and watching numbers rise.

If you can think of a way to make the actual mining part more fun/challenging then I'm all ears.

How about making the refining part more challenging? Adding a lot of different minerals to planets and asteroids.

When you refine every combo output different kind of stuff? Some minerals take longer to mine and only one faction can mine from same place, this way people would end up fighting over minerals.

This way its not even unfair for new players.

RE: StarGazer Mining! - T-25 - 13-12-2014

don't we already have a server where other players fight over gathering materials?
(Space Engineers)

RE: StarGazer Mining! - Cobra - 15-12-2014

(13-12-2014, 11:06 PM)T-16 Wrote: don't we already have a server where other players fight over gathering materials?
(Space Engineers)

Yep Smile
PvP is not allowed at the moment, but the new server instance that will be up and running in a month or so will have Tongue

RE: StarGazer Mining! - Tommo :D - 15-12-2014

Not everyone plays Space Engineers so would be cool to have something like this in GMod where could create mining ships rather then all creating battle ships

RE: StarGazer Mining! - Kermit - 16-12-2014

I support this idea, but the mining system needs to be highly advanced.
It shouldn't be just like "rising numbers", there should be some realism.

That would open new possibilites and add more goals to reach.

- Kermit

RE: StarGazer Mining! - Matovick - 16-12-2014

Having a Highly advanced mining system would only cause comfusion for newcomers...
Stargazer is designed to be an easy nut to crack, i welcome you to teach every new player a "highly advanced".

It would be a fun thing to have, i just dont see how people will learn it...

RE: StarGazer Mining! - T-25 - 17-12-2014

if this was added people would have to make their ships more movable to mine, and gryopod's are a pain for some people not to mention parenting slashes your hull in half